Ratiu Democracy Centre is committed to abiding by data protection laws and to be open and transparent in how we use your personal information. Many people will be aware of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the 190/2018 Law. We acknowledge our requirement to comply with these laws as well as local laws applicable to other countries.
This policy contains links to more information on many of the topics listed and further external links if you wish to read further detail about personal data management.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how Ratiu Democracy Centre collects and processes personal data when either visiting our site or becoming a prospect or client, or becoming an employee of the Foundation.
Who we are
• Ratiu Democracy Centre, with the following CIF: 17079654, located in: Turda, Piata 1 Decembrie 1918, nr. 1, Cluj, operates the https://ratiucentre.com/ website, which provides the SERVICE.
• This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our service.
• The data protection officer contact data is firstname.lastname@example.org
What is personal data?
Personal data is data which identifies a person from the information provided or if combined with information that we may already have access to.
You can find out more about the legal definitions of personal data here.
In summary and by way of example personal data is:
• Name and address
• Date of birth
• Email address
• Bank account details
• An IP address
In addition, there are “special categories” of personal data which means that the data, in law, is considered more sensitive, such as:
• Personal data related to your health
• Genetic data
• Religious beliefs
Personal data means any information capable of identifying any individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender
Contact Data may include your billing address, physical address, email address and telephone numbers
Financial Data may include your bank account details
Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases and payments made by you
Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving newsletters and other communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct Interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our website (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
• Become an employee
• Participating at one of our seminars
• Subscribe to our services or newsletter publications
• Request resources or marketing to be sent to you
• Give us feedback
• Log Data – We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
• Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks such as Mailchimp based outside the EU; and
- social media third parties for marketing such as Facebook, based outside the EU.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only use your personal data on legal grounds on which we will process such data. We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Please email us at email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal ground.
We use your data
1. To process and deliver our service including
- Invoicing and payments
- Complying with legal and contractual obligations we may have
- Dealing with enquiries, complaints or other communications from you
- Telephone calls
2. To manage our relationship with you including:
- Provide you with services you want such as a copy of our newsletter and other publications
- Invite you to our events
- Enabling you to apply online for membership and newsletters
- Dealing with enquiries, complaints or other communications from you
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
Your data may be shared internally, we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
• Other partners or collaborators
• Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook
• Software and data storage service
• MailChimp – Email software
• WordPress framework
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so GDPR has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Some of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe;
• Avast Antivirus is installed on all PCs and laptops as appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
• We limit access to your personal data to those employees, volunteers and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
• Procedures are in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website and newsletters may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
• We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
• To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
• In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
• In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
• access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
• require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
• require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
• object to the processing of your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner. More information is available at www.dataprotection.ro
• You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
• We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.